Monday, October 30, 2006

Fighting the urge to complain

In regard to my post about happiness I had a testing experience with British Airways this weekend because of the less than honest practise of overbooking.
Not moaning about it really helped me enjoy the 4 star hotel I fought to spend my night in Paris in, instead of being with my girlfriend Chili who lives and works in London.
I guess rationalising the whole situation and getting the better of it made it all ok but it was a challenge to avoid sinking into a string of complaints that would have totally taken down my moral.
Its always interesting when you believe you have developed a way of avoiding the horror of perpetual complaining, to have test like these thrown at you randomly as if someone up there said "hmm ok you think you got it all sorted out, now eat this"


1 comment:

Gabrielle said...

"Chili?"

Just remember Taza...something good always comes out of something bad...and "even in the depths of winter...one can find inside themselves an invincible summer."

And so on...
Sorry for your airline troubles but nice work to get into that hotel. Congrats! Keep up the good work.